Important Information Concerning Continuing Education
Florida Board of Opticianry
The Board concluded its meeting 08/03/2020
A temporary Ruling was passed with a 4-0 vote to allow Florida Opticians to recieve all 20 CE Credits
through Home Study. This Ruling will expire on 12/31/2020.
You still have the option of going to a live event but this is an alternative option for those that don't want to risk getting infected with the COVID-19 Virus.
Scroll below to see our 20 Hour CE Package Special Home Study Package Special
"FOCAL Education would like to thank all Members of the Board of Opticianry for including us in the Discussion and for their hard work and dedication...
FOCAL Education November 2020 Conference Has been cancelled due to the uncertainties of COVID-19
- Our concern is your safety and we will do what we have to do to play our part in achieving that objective.
- Florida Government has limited event Occupancy to 50 people including staff and this could be restricted even more.
- Florida Government could disallow event gatherings all together in the next few months and we don't want you to be put in a situation where you have no CE credits at year end.
- (Link to Florida health and Social Gathering Restrictions...Click on image below) https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/community-events/
If you have already paid for your attendance to be there we will allow one of the following (your choice)...
- A total refund of your money
- Credit towards another event that will roll over into the next biennium
- Credit to be applied to home studies (If there is a money difference after applying what you paid for the event we can refund that difference or apply it as credit for next biennium)